A whopping 69% of us say our blogs generate more leads than any other marketing medium. So it’ll be interesting to see what the latest Technorati State of the Blogosphere survey reveals.
It’s due out on 7th November 2011. In the meantime here’s a precis of the findings for 2010, a year ago, when just over 7,000 bloggers responded to the survey:
- in 2010 blogging finally went mainstream, no longer the new kid on the block
- the lines between blogs, micro-blogs and social networks started to blur
- blogs remained more influential than social networking…
- … but more bloggers started using SMM tools in conjunction with blogging, taking an integrated approach
- mobile blogging was a key trend for 2010 with 25% of respondents claiming they regularly blogged via their phone
- more than 50% said they’d be blogging more in future
- 43% said they planned to expand the topics they blog about
- 48% believed blogs will continue to increase in popularity over the next 5 years
Marketing predictions for 2012?
- that social media integration will have a bigger part to play in blogging
- that blogging might be adversely affected as more marketing resource is diverted away to fund the ‘next big thing’, SMM
- that increasing numbers of time-poor business owners will outsource blogging to independent writers
Category: copywriting and marketing