Freelance copywriter CV
9 O’ levels including maths, english literature, english language (Middlesbrough)
3 A’ levels: geology B, english literature B, art D (Middlesbrough)
Arts Foundation Course: graded A+ (Middlesbrough)
BA Honours Degree in Graphic Design and Illustration, 2:1 (Brighton)
Before going freelance in early 2006, I worked my way up the direct marketing corporate ladder. Starting with the most recent, I’ve worked with:
- Sutton Winson Ltd, the insurance brokers, as Marketing Executive
- Folgate Warren Hill Risk Solutions Ltd, the insurance brokers, as Marketing Manager
- an internet start-up company, as part time Marketing Director
- London & Edinburgh, an insurance company, as Assistant Marketing Manager
- Cornhill Insurance as Marketing Controller
- CGA, an insurance brokerage, as Marketing Executive
- Royal & Sun Alliance, as Marketing Assistant
I’ve also worked as a Direct Marketing Consultant on a contract basis.
I love copywriting. Here’s a few more things I like to do
Long-distance hiking, painting, decorating, interior / exterior design, gardening, reading and creative writing, painting and drawing, wood carving and sculpture, collecting ’50s German art pottery, original ’50s and ’60s art and old rugs. I’m a ‘Lookerer’ too, which means a volunteer Shepherd. I help look after Brighton & Hove Council’s conservation flocks up on the South Downs, where we live.