What is a copywriter?
A copywriter is a commercial writer
They might write business-to-business, business-to-consumer or both.
Although there’s a great deal of creativity involved, a copywriter doesn’t write novels, stories, plays or poems for a living. They write to sell, creating commercial content for marketing, advertising and brand building.
What does ‘writing to sell’ mean?
- empathising with prospective buyers, giving them all the information they need to make well-informed buying decisions, no more and no less
- structuring the information so it’s easy to read, easy to scan and easy to pick out key points
- ordering the information logically, creating an exciting, compelling sales message that makes the benefits crystal clear
- picking out key elements of the sales proposition, focusing the reader’s mind
- applying direct marketing best practice and principles
- maintaining clarity
- adding the indefinable sparkle that makes reading good copy a real pleasure
- doing all this in plain English
Want to contact me?
Please use my contact form, or call me on 07976 737243.