What is content marketing?
About content marketing
Content Marketing involves creating and distributing relevant, valuable content to attract, acquire and keep loyal, lucrative customers.
Wikipedia hits the nail on the head:
“Content Marketing subscribes to the notion that delivering high-quality, relevant and valuable information to prospects and customers drives profitable consumer action. Content marketing has benefits in terms of retaining reader attention and improving brand loyalty.”
No more spinning crappy articles into a multitude of even crappier articles, stuffing them with key phrases and letting them loose on an increasingly sceptical and fed up audience.
No more funnelling millions of disgruntled punters to sites only a tiny fraction of them have an interest in.
No more poorly written, badly researched, ‘empty calorie’ content to wade through in search of something inspirational and useful.
In a world where there’s so much media noise we’re deafened by it, the only way to hit home, grab someone’s attention and hold it is to do things the best you can.
- informative soft sell beats hard selling hands down if you want to build lasting relationships with people
- cooking brand-led loyalty on a slow burner works better, for longer, than a crass flash in the pan
- good quality relationship marketing is appropriate in times where trust is key to buying decisions
- keeping a good customer is usually cheaper than landing a new one
- data analysis and targeting can generate better-performing campaigns
- thought leadership has always been a laudable marketing goal
- Google and co. seem to appreciate quality too!
So make your marketing:
Want to contact me?
Please use my contact form, or call me on 07976 737243.