What is Content Marketing?
All about content marketing
Content marketing is all about creating relevant, valuable online content to attract and keep loyal, lucrative customers.
Backlinks and social media sharing
The idea is this: when you create content your audience loves to read and share they spread the word about your brand, your business, your expertise… all that good stuff. And sometimes they link back to it.
Google ‘notices’ your content being shared and linked to, and assumes it’s because your content hits the mark with users. The better job you do, the better Google likes it and the higher your natural search engine results pages positions can go. The more people enjoy your content, the more loyalty they’ll feel to your brand.
How best way to describe using quality content to drive marketing excellence? Wikipedia hits the nail on the head:
“Content Marketing subscribes to the notion that delivering high-quality, relevant and valuable information to prospects and customers drives profitable consumer action. Content marketing has benefits in terms of retaining reader attention and improving brand loyalty.”
In a world where there’s so much media noise we’re deafened by it, the only way to hit home, grab someone’s attention and hold it is to give people the very best you can. Which means writing the best possible quality content, whatever the project, whether it’s a website, blog post, advert, email message, auto-responder, white paper, internal communication, press release, article or direct marketing collateral.
I help by creating top quality content that ticks all the content marketing boxes:
About great content
What does a professional content writer bring to the ecommerce party?
- Powerful meta data for each page to makes it 100% clear to search engines and humans what the page is about
- Web pages that flow perfectly, attract attention, sound really appealing, drive response and encourage people to buy
- Press releases that, when published online, can generate valuable back-links to your site and help visibility
- Blog posts – Regular, interesting, relevant, on-brand, keyword-friendly blog posts are a brilliant way to keep a site fresh and exciting
- Online adverts, Tweets, Facebook status lines, directory entries, advertorials and articles to inspire users and help grow the brand
- Winning email marketing campaigns, autoresponder messages, teasers, customer and internal communications materials to give businesses a strong, compelling, approachable voice across the board
- Consistent tone of voice – Vital because integrating everything makes the whole bigger than the sum of its parts, packing a stronger overall marketing punch
- The magic direct marketing touch. Direct marketing is about encouraging response and sales. It makes sense to find a content writer with a DM background
- Offline marketing projects – do you need someone who knows how print works, who can carry on the good work offline? Stuff like press releases for the papers, free press, glossies and trade press, direct mail, sales letters, printed sales support materials, brochures, reports, handbooks, instructions and so on
What is a copywriter?
What is a copywriter? It’s the same as a content writer, simply someone who writes commercial content for businesses, whether it’s online or offline. Commercial writers generate content for business-to-business marketing projects, business-to-consumer or both. Although there’s a great deal of creativity involved, a copywriter doesn’t write novels, stories, plays or poems for a living. A copywriter writes to sell, creating content for marketing, advertising and brand building.
What does ‘writing to sell’ mean?
- Empathising with prospective buyers, giving them the information they need to make well-informed buying decisions
- Structuring the information so it’s easy to read, scan and pick out key points
- Ordering the information logically, creating an exciting, compelling sales message that makes the benefits crystal clear
- Picking out key elements of the sales proposition, focusing the reader’s mind
- Applying direct marketing best practice and principles
- Maintaining clarity
- Adding the indefinable sparkle that makes reading good copy a real pleasure
- Doing all this in plain English
Why SEO copywriting?
SEO copywriting is all about giving search engines what they want. Search engines use words to explore, classify, rank and rate websites. They like optimised website content because it helps them do a proper job, delivering the best possible search experience to users.
You’ve probably heard marketers say content is king. And they’re right. These days optimised content is about much more than including the right keywords and phrases. Today Google and the other major search engines insist on content that’s well written, unique, informative, useful, in-depth and up to date. AKA content that people genuinely enjoy reading, find useful and like to share.
That’s what I do. Writing with human users and search engines in mind keeps everyone happy and maximises the content’s impact. If it involves words, it’s worth doing properly.
SEO copywriting services
Here’s how my services help businesses attract and hold people’s attention.
- I write interesting, relevant, SEO-aware content based on keyword research
- People share it on social media and search engines take note
- Your search engine ranking positions eventually improve and visitor numbers increase even more
- Visitor quality also improves, a by-product of good ongoing keyword research
- Happy, satisfied visitors spend more time on your site
- Sales conversion improves, repeat business increases and you make more money
Want to contact me?